Alpha 0.2.0 released
Development of Jupiter Hell continues apace! We have now released version Alpha 0.2.0. We've made many new advances in the last few versions, including:
- Saving and loading (though obviously not after death)
- Active traits - get new Headshot, Shredder and Overkill actions
- New cover and dodge systems, with UI aids
- Degrading armour on enemies, with graphical indicators
- New level generators
- Graphical enhancements and variety added to tilesets throughout the game
- Loot crates and basic terminals
- Destructible doors and scenery
- Various tweaks and bug-killing, including some long-standing issues
Alpha backers can go download it now from the Alpha Forums. Feedback from playtesting is incredibly welcome!
Path to Beta
Our eyes are now set on the Beta release, which will hit several new development milestones and be open to many more backers. We are currently implementing:
- Steam integration, including auto-updating
- Vulkan port (hopefully OSX too)
- More character traits and active commands
- Weapon and armor variations (random traits) + more weapon types, with new gameplay interactions
- More environmental interaction (locked/broken doors, many more options for terminals)
- More enemies to play with
- Dungeon branches for varied paths through the game
- Secret things!
We’re tentatively aiming for early October for the first Beta release.
Kornel Kisielewicz will be bringing Jupiter Hell to PAX West Seattle, 31-Aug to 3-Sep. If you’re attending please say hi!